Bartending School

A while back, I bought a Groupon for a bartending class. With my upcoming departure to Hungary, I had to use it ASAP. Today was their first available class and so off I went. I learned how to mix cocktails properly, how to use a shaker set, and played with coloured liquid all afternoon.

Parts of it was a bit dry, especially when reviewing some of the basic concepts and the second half of the day definitely seemed to drag. I did learn a lot though. There seems to be so much intricacy in the art of mixology.

And like food, the fresher the ingredients, the better the drinks. Check me out in action:

Owly ImagesPracticing my pouring of "orange juice"!

Owly ImagesShaking things up!

I feel like I learned the basics, which is really what the class was designed for. In theory, I should be able to read a recipe in a book and be able to recreate it… in theory that is!

But to be honest, the best part was tasting some of these cocktails!

0 comments: