Back to School…?

For the first time in many many years, this fall marks the first that I won’t be headed back to a campus for school.  Its been so long since I’ve been in a classroom, the day passed without much fanfare.  I didn’t even really think about the fact that this is the first year of over 15 years that I haven’t gone back to school in September, until much later.

While I won’t be in classroom, I’ve signed up for a Public Relations class with BCIT using distance education – I’ll be learning online.  I’ve never done this before so I guess it will be an interesting experience. 

Class starts next week.  The class I’m taking requires prerequisites, but they don’t ask for a transcript.  I guess since its for part time studies, it’ll probably be difficult to get everyone to send in a transcript or to prove that they’ve had that required experience.  I didn’t really think about it.  Just assumed it was like any other university.  The prerequisites are more guidelines.  Different.

Now time to hunt down a textbook.  I’m definitely going to buy online – should I get an older edition?  Do you think PR is time sensitive?  I have no idea.

On another note – tomorrow morning, I’m showing my mom how to use the internet.  I have no idea where to start.  Google perhaps?  Any suggestions or Ideas?

0 comments: