A Tale of Two Kiddies

Over the weekend I encountered two different kids in situations so vastly different.  The first, was at work, where one couldn’t make it to the washroom in time – in fact they didn’t even try.  The result?  I had to clean it up.  Never in a million years have I been put in a situation like that.  I don’t remember that ever happening with my brother.  That’s not in my job description holy smokes.  I tried to pretend that was my kid and what would I do?  That sort of helped, but I was so disgusted for the longest time.  I am so not ready to have a kid.

At the Pride Parade, another kid managed to find a seat next to me and she was the cutest and nicest one ever.  Because she was a child, people would always give her things (water, juice, candy, stickers, etc).  One time she got a piece of chocolate and she turns to me, taps me on the arm and gives it to me.  She said that she doesn’t like chocolate (wow what kid doesn’t like chocolate?) and gives it to me.  Later, she got a bunch of tattoos and she gave one to me and to T.  She was so adorable.  If I could have one like that, that would be amazing.

I was telling my parents about the work situation and they said its pretty common for kids to do that.  It just never occurred to me.  It would probably be different if it were my kid though… I’m definitely not ready for anything like that though.  Taking care of a cat is enough responsibility for me!

1 comments:

Agent Grey Bunny said...

cleaning up after others isn't so bad. just don't breathe :p in nursing you get desensitized VERY quickly :D

On another note, that parade kid sounded adorable!!! Definitely want a kid like that one rather than the first one :p