Transit Musings II

I completely forgot about this till now.  A couple days ago, I was on the bus and the guy in front of my was trying to pick up (as in hit on) the girl that was sitting next to him.  He kept on trying to engage her in conversation.  I was sitting sideways, and my ear was right there.  He managed to talk loud enough for me to hear him over my music. 

The first time he spoke to her, she completely ignored him.  The second time she didn’t reply, but still acknowledged that he was talking to her.  She was reading a newspaper, so she continued to flip through it while the guy kept trying to catch her attention.  I felt awkward just overhearing him failing. 

The ironic part?  That day in the Metro, there was an article about romantic-esque situations happening on transit (I think she was reading the 24 though).  Too bad this was more of a creepy leer than a coy smile.

Speaking of those free newspapers.  Those Metro people are ridiculously pushy.  There is one particular lady at the Broadway Commercial station that keeps showing papers in your face – even if you’re already holding a Metro!  The lines to get onto the 99 headed towards UBC usually are really long, and she walks up and down these lines over and over again.  Its annoying – if someone didn’t take it the first time around what makes you think they’ll take it on your 3rd or 4th round?  Makes me wonder if they have a daily quota of papers they need to pass out. 

I usually like reading the 24 more, but its just easier to get a Metro from the person handing them out (I guess this method works).  I’ve determined that I can do the crossword in the 24 and the Sudoku in the Metro.  Too bad they weren’t in the same paper.  The 24 Sudoku and Metro crossword is too hard for me.  =(

Wow I’m rambling.  I’ve been having issues with my grammar and spelling.  I had to reread this thing a couple times and there were some major silly mistakes.  Ack hope I caught them all…

2 comments:

Agent Grey Bunny said...

if they have a daily quota, wouldnt it be easy to just chuck some into a dumpster?

Unknown said...

I guess that would make sense lol
its so awkward =\