Looking Towards the Future

I found this list of new years resolutions for graphic and web designers.  I don’t remember how it popped up on my radar – maybe it was Twitter, but anyways, I looked through it and I think I’m going to adapt it and turn it into something for me to do in the next year.  Their list has 51 items, but I think I’m going to drastically cut mine down:

  • Learn the basics of Photoshop and Illustrator [I know the basics of Photoshop, but there is always more to learn]
  • Try out some sort of new online social media. [Currently on Twitter, & LinkedIn – any other major players?]
  • Start a blog or write for other blogs & get involved in the online community
  • Learn the basics of XHTML and CSS
  • Develop an online and print portfolio
  • Take an extra class about design
  • Subscribe to top design blogs and follow them on twitter and frequently read and interact with them
  • Redesign something just for fun
  • Learn the basics of advertising and marketing [Know some things from class, but there is always more to learn]
  • Take time to be inspired

1 comments:

ahlex said...

take time to be inspired sounds hard.........do you just sit there and wait for inspiration to come?