So its been a crazy couple of weeks between my random adventures on the weekends to me getting sick. But to make it even crazier, things have finally started falling into place in my life.
It all started the Thursday after that internship opportunity that fell through. I received an email from a dance school that I had applied to, asking for an interview the next day. I was ecstatic – finally some sort of response! I went to the interview, and it went really well. I think me having a ballet background really helped. They wanted me to forward them some references and would contact me for a follow up interview the following week.
At the same time, on twitter, I saw that a Vancouver based women entrepreneurship blog and business, WomanzWorld, was looking for an intern to help with business development, promotions and public relations. I replied to the posting, answered some questions, and ended up scheduling a meeting with the lady in charge.
In the span of two days, I went from having no potential leads to having two. Now, its a week later, and I’m happy to report that I received both the job and the internship opportunity and intend on doing both! The internship is really just part time and is unpaid. Its more in the area of where I eventually want to head with my career so its good experience and so far, I’ve been learning lots.
The weirdest part? The same time I was following the lead for the internship, someone I knew from AIESEC SFU was also following that lead. Now we’re both working together. Its so crazy – two AIESEC alumni from different locals now working together. One of my friends said, jokingly, that this blog should hire an AIESEC intern considering she has two alumni now. Maybe one day, when its profitable!
I haven’t started the job with the dance school yet. My projected start date is June 21. Its primarily an admin job with some marketing tasks thrown in. While its not directly related to what I want to do, its still good experience. And plus, now I can finally start saving for my AIESEC internship!
Everything is falling into place. ^_^
1 comments:
get her to sign a TN for SFU! WOOT! :D
Post a Comment