When I was younger, I went to Seattle almost every year to attend a violin music camp. Between my brother and I both attending, I think we went for almost 5 or 6 years running. Since then I haven’t gone down very often and really don’t remember much about the city (other than the Space Needle and the Woodland Park Zoo). This past week, the past VP Finance for AIESEC Calgary was in town for some training in his new job and we, along with another friend, headed down to Seattle for the weekend.
We did some sightseeing, but mostly, they were there to shop. We stayed at the Moore Hotel, which is right downtown. It is more or less an upscale hostel – very bare, but still comfortable. We checked out the nightlife and Pike’s Place Market. We also went to the original Starbucks. It was nice to get out of Vancouver, but the trip wasn’t exactly what I expected. I had fun, but I had wanted to see more of the city. When we left Seattle, the sun was shining and it was so gorgeous. There were so many fresh flowers and tulips galore. I can’t wait for summer.
I think I’ll probably be back in Seattle in the not too distant future. Wong Fu is going to University of Washington on May 4 and I’m trying to find people to go with me!
0 comments:
Post a Comment