So its been AGES...

I've been back in Canada for a couple months now - just over 2 months and I've been wanting to get back to this blog, but never just sat down and started writing.  Procrastination to the max!

The adjustment process back to my Canadian lifestyle has been pretty good.  I did have my moments of reverse culture shock, but for the most part things have been good.  I've been keeping busy doing a lot of AIESEC work and just partying it up with friends, catching up on life for the past couple months while I was gone.

For AIESEC, I've decided to take on the role of VP Finance.  I thought it would be pretty simple - I was under the impression that the finances were in a pretty good state, but this was not the case.  I spent a couple days trying to figure everything out, and I think I have a good handle on the stuff now.  The year end financial statements are due soon, and I'm scared mine are wrong =S  Hopefully not though!  I really like the EB and our president is super passionate and I think will do a great job leading us to a successful year =)  I've also decided to take on the role as the Organizing Committee President (OCP) for Western Regional Conference (WRC) in October later this year.  I'm in the process of putting together a team - interviews are on Sunday!  We just held a conference a couple weeks ago that had some issues on the OC so I'm super worried about putting together a team that functions well.  After I have a team, things can start moving with the planning.  I feel so much pressure from people in the local - they all have such high expectations from me and I'm scared of failing.  In fact - I just hate failing in general... bah!  Once I get started with the team, I think some of my worries will go away - probably only to be replaced with new worries!

Right now, I'm trying to fight off a cold.  I've been coughing a lot the past week or so and the cough is just getting worse.  P. says its cause of all the cat hair in our apartment (which is a valid reason me things).  P. had bronchitis earlier this year twice and I really hope my coughing doesn't lead to that.  I've been taking lots of liquids and staying at home, resting.  It better go away soon!  Its getting in the way of my partying lifestyle!

I've been invited to participate in the BCom Pre-Departure Orientation to talk about my experiences in the Netherlands.  Should be interesting - as far as I know I'm the only one going to the orientation from last years exchange.  I really don't know what to say about my experience - I hate when people ask about it.  Everyone expects some huge revelation about myself but I feel I didn't really learn too much.  I feel like I've learned more about myself the past 2 months being back in Canada than I did abroad. 

These past couple months has been a crazy couple weeks.  As an individual, I like to plan things and I like to know what I'm doing and when.  I like living my life to a schedule - it makes me worry less and not have to analyze things over and over again.  I guess it goes with my perfectionist mentality.  Everything has to been perfectly in order, including my daily schedule.  So now that I'm not living with a schedule, I'm freaking out.  I'm getting better, though, living in the moment and just taking it day by day.  But I can't wait to get back into a structured lifestyle.

Yesterday I made a list of things I wanted to accomplish before I turned 25...  I haven't decided if I'm going to post it yet though.  This list feels extremely personal and I don't know if I want others to see it...  I'll think about it.

0 comments: