2 Hours, 3 Drunk Guys, 1 Racial Gesture

Last night was probably one of the strangest nights I’ve ever had in Budapest. I went to this bar in Budapest that is one of those things you need to experience at least once. One of those things you need to do if you live in this city so I’m told. The bar has quite the reputation as well. I’ve heard so many stories of this place and with me being here 4 months already and not having experience this establishment, I felt it was due time to check it out.

I was so not in the mood. I was there for 2 hours and was hit on by the creepiest of guys. Each of them got progressively creepier. First guy asked if I was Thai. After learning that no I’m not, he quickly lost interest and left me alone. He was the most normal.

Guy number two got reallllly close to my face and he was disgusting sweaty. Nearly dripped on me. Thank goodness he didn’t.

The third guy puts the icing on the cake. He tried to stroke my neck with what I think was a brochure or some sort of folded paper. Seriously?! WHAT THE HELL!

Then later that night, I was getting gyros with my flatmate and we were attempting to chat with the gyros guy. He was asking about where I was from and somehow in the discussion he started pulling his eyes out to make them look more Asian – the racial gesture that most people do. I don’t think he meant it in any derogatory way, but I still just wasn’t impressed.

Not a good evening at all. I don’t think I’ll be headed back to that place anytime soon. Bleh. It was just an awkward and weird evening.

0 comments: