This past week, work has been crazy. So many new experiences to deal with. I almost fired someone. I came ridiculously close to firing a teacher due to them not doing their job properly. It was a case of similar behaviour repeating over and over again until it was unacceptable. There is that saying “once is chance, twice is coincidence and three times is a pattern.” This was definitely a pattern.
When I took on this job, never did I think I would have to deal with firing someone. I couldn’t go through with it. Instead this person has be placed on probation. They better get their act together. Needless to say, my boss was pretty upset.
This morning another teacher quit. They were new, barely here for 2 weeks. They said it wasn’t what they expected. Well what do you expect? It hasn’t even been a week. Makes no sense to me, but who am I to judge. At least this way there will not be any more problems in the future with this teacher. One less headache.
Work has been busy. Too busy. So much to do and I feel like I’m not accomplishing anything. Its frustrating. But its the start of the year. Hopefully it will calm down soon. Too many people to manage. I feel like I need help. I’m probably going to take on an intern to help with the social media things.
Despite all the tough things, I still really like what I do and I’m definitely learning a lot. I just hope it calms down!
0 comments:
Post a Comment