Lacking Inspiration

Last week, I didn’t blog at all. This week, I put up my Monday photo and I started a post for Wednesday, but didn’t finish it. I knew what I wanted to say and how I wanted to say it, but nothing could come out. Its like I hit a wall. I have photos, those help me get through and at least give me the basics of what I want to say, but I can’t say it. I can’t string words together in a coherent way. In a way that tells a story.

I don’t know what is wrong. I feel very lazy and I can’t work up the motivation to be writing consistently. I read somewhere that writing is more than just coming up with ideas. Writing happens because of execution – because someone has the determination to sit down and put pen to paper (or in this case, fingers to keyboard). That coming up with ideas and things to write about isn’t the problem. The problem is actually physically doing it. I think that is the problem with most people and blogging. Most people can’t be bothered to actually sit down and make it happen. I don’t want to fall into this category. I’ve been so good for so long. I think I went a solid month of consistently blogging. I might have been a little late with the occasional post, but they still went up relatively on time.

This all broke down last week and I don’t know why. I’m really busy at work, but even there I just don’t care. I’m struggling with certain situations and am currently untangling a big web of lies left behind. By the end of the day I just lack any sort of energy to think clearly. I’ve been going to bed ridiculously early in hopes of getting my full 7 – 8 hours of sleep.

That is another problem. No matter what, I’ve been consistently waking up at 6:30 – 7:00. Nothing I do changes that. Its rather annoying actually. I’ve resorted to sleeping earlier. It has somewhat worked in that I’m getting more sleep now.

I’ve been getting a lot of headaches lately. In the middle of the day I start coming down with an overwhelmingly painful headache. Sometimes I wake up with a headache. I think its because I clench my teeth when I sleep. When I’m at work, I clench my teeth when I’m thinking deeply. Or if I’m really stressed out. I don’t know how to make these headaches go away. Is there something actually wrong with me? I’m thinking I might get a mouth guard for when I sleep to prevent waking up with a headache.

I’m toying with starting a new project / blog. I currently have two ideas going: first is pairing meals with music. Providing a meal that someone can prepare and then enjoy with a playlist to create a particular mood. I bought a domain for this. It was going to be a side project my friend and I were going to do.

Another idea I have is combining all the things I like into blog entries based on consistent themes. I really like food, trivia and random internet apps type things. So each blog entry would have a delicious recipe, a random trivia idea to discuss over a meal and some sort of internet app. I don’t know how the internet app ties into everything yet, but I’m working on it.

0 comments: