14 Gold Medals!

Wow!!! Canada just broke the record for most gold medals earned in a single games!  We also got the most medals earned by the host nation!  Wheee we definitely owned the podium!  Go Canada Go!

This last hockey game was so close.  I can’t believe the US tied it up with 20 seconds left in regulation time.  I think the whole nation breathed a sigh of relief when Sidney Crosby scored in OT.  The final standings of both the Women’s and Men’s hockey were the same: Canada, US and Finland.

I wish I was in Vancouver surrounded by the crowds as the whole nation celebrated.  What a great way to end the games!  I hope the closing ceremonies – set to start in 45 minutes or so – is fantastic. 

It’s so hard to believe that Sidney Crosby, who is the same age as I am, won the Stanley cup and then an Olympic gold medal all within the same 12 month period  tee hee – don’t drool too much

1 comments:

Agent Grey Bunny said...

believe it or not, I think he's better looking on tv/in print.
just like Chris Pronger is way less funny looking on tv lol...