Last night around 10PM the fire alarm went off again. This was the first one that I've encountered (P. had one a couple days ago) since the incident a couple months ago. My brain went into hyper drive and my reactions were crazy fast. I was just preparing for a shower when the alarm went off and P. was half asleep. She woke up super fast. Surprisingly the cats didn't run for cover like last time. I guess I was a lot calmer than the one before so they didn't pick up on it too much. I grabbed Tippy first (she's a little bit more high strung than Bo Bo) and went to put her in the cage, but it was too loud in the living room and she started freaking out. P. brought me the cage and I shoved Tippy in. She wasn't too hard to get in. Meanwhile P. put a collar on Bo Bo and we headed out. In the hallway, the building manager was knocking on doors, making sure people were out. I guess it was more serious than other ones.
Thankfully, we had my parents car and we put the cats in there to sit while we waited the alarm out. Apparently someone had pulled the fire alarm at the bottom of the stair case so the building manager was reacting like it was a real fire. And then the alarm turned off and not even fire trucks came.
Someone in our building summed it up pretty well: "if this was a real fire, clearly we all would have burned." So true - I think it took P. and I at least 2 mins to get out.
Lessons learned:
Thankfully, we had my parents car and we put the cats in there to sit while we waited the alarm out. Apparently someone had pulled the fire alarm at the bottom of the stair case so the building manager was reacting like it was a real fire. And then the alarm turned off and not even fire trucks came.
Someone in our building summed it up pretty well: "if this was a real fire, clearly we all would have burned." So true - I think it took P. and I at least 2 mins to get out.
Lessons learned:
- Get out faster
- Put Bo Bo in the cage and carry Tippy
0 comments:
Post a Comment